The Terra Wasteland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself here!

+5
Malcadon
JobaTett
Prowler of iruz Kraj
Brigman
Draco Malcon
9 posters

Go down

Introduce yourself here! Empty Introduce yourself here!

Post by Draco Malcon Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Chello!

Ok, I'm hitting groups, G+ circles, FB interests,etc. trying to generate some new members and traffic. I'm optimistic so I'm setting up an intro thread.

In teh Real World (tm), I'm Anthony N. Emmel and I've been playing RPGs since 1981. My first RPG was 1e Gamma World, a RPG that I'd seen at the toy store in the mall and one of my aunts bought it for me (thank you, Aunt Imogene). I read through the rules, rolled up my first character and scratched together a map or 2 and ran my cousins through a game Christmas morning. It was horrible, but fun!

From there, I left (a Baptist--no RPGs) private school the next year and moved on to public school and quickly made some friends who were into (Molvey) B/X D&D and even GW. And so we went from there.

Current games for me (and my wife): playing in a Rifts game and Hackmaster 4e. Running Classic BattleTech, 3.5 D&D and 1/2e-hybrid GW for my wife kids (16, 14, 10--the 12 y.o thinks we're all nerds; she's a majorette so what does she know?). Planning an Aftermath! game for the adult group I play in.
Draco Malcon
Draco Malcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

http://isungr.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself here! Empty Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Brigman Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey now,

Just saying hi. Been playing Gamma World since 1980 or so, and especially in the mid-80s. My favorite is probably 2nd edition, but I own every edition except 3rd. (Just never got around to that).

Sadly don't play much GW any more, but always look back with fond memories!

Brigman
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Prowler of iruz Kraj Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Hello, fellow Vault Dwellers, I dug out my favorite Gamma World PC (from an Alternity game, no less) that I played for about 6 months in a PBEM game about 10 years ago. Some of you (unfortunately) know me also as Bobjester on Dragonsfoot, the Gamma World Yahoo Message Group, and countless other Yahoo Groups and possibly other forum sites.

I first played GW (2nd ed.) around 1981 or 1982, skipped 3rd, bought the new 4th ed. in 1992, and when I finally got online in 1999-2000, the first thing I looked up was "Gamma World" in the e-Groups search engine!

I hope to skim or browse these forums when I can in the foreseeable future, and if I get the chance, I'll actually post something useful or creative. Since my own PBEM game's demise a few years ago, I've had a heckuva dry-spell in GW themed creativity. Finding a game would help water that dry oasis, but until then, I'll just saddle up my pineto and ride off into the sunrise, hoping like hells its not another bomb-blast...

(Dunno how many more limbs lost this ol' cat can take!)

Waes hael! Very Happy
Prowler of iruz Kraj
Prowler of iruz Kraj
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Malcon Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Greetings!

Sounds like my story mostly. Smile
Draco Malcon
Draco Malcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by JobaTett Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:58 am

POIK, There's, hopefully, going to be a PbP here, so you're welcome to try it out. And welcome!
JobaTett
JobaTett
Overseer

https://theterrawasteland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prowler of iruz Kraj Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 pm

JobaTett wrote:POIK, There's, hopefully, going to be a PbP here, so you're welcome to try it out. And welcome!

(Nice abbreviated nick-name! I hate it!) Suspect Wink

I found one of the threads for the PbP, I'll follow it, but at the rate I'm online now, I won't be able to post more than once every other week.
Prowler of iruz Kraj
Prowler of iruz Kraj
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Malcadon Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Wazup!

I am a fan of the early editions of Gamma Would, 1e Metamorphosis Alpha, and Mutant Future. I have been playing 1e Gamma Would since the late '90s, but I had my copy since the mid-90s. At first, I though the game was too campy, and I though it was a poorly made (hard) sci-fi. Then I read an article by Jim Word, about the game's fantastic themes and elements that changed my outlook on the game. I discovered that by looking at it as a "science fantasy" and by embracing the the camp, I could have a lot more fun, then looking at it as a serious science fiction. Oh, and you can go nuts with it! Very Happy In fact, I like to throw all sorts of fantastic elements from other fiction into the game: Logan's Run, Zardoz, Thundarr the Barbarian, Barsoom Saga, Barbarella, Fantastic Planet, and so on.

My interest in the 1e GW brought me to Goblioid Games, when they announced a "retro-clone" for classic Gamma Would. In my head, I was like "Finally, someone who knows their shit!", and "I totally need to submit old-school-styled art for this!" Well, I submitted art for Mutant Future, as well as third-party supplements, like Creatures of the Wastelands, and the up-coming Deviant Database. You can find my art at Deviant Art (my Mutant Future pics can be found under the Gamma Would gallery folder).
Malcadon
Malcadon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by nezach Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Hey folks, I just signed up and thought I would introduce myself. Like a couple others the first RPG I played was was Gamma World in 1980. Loved that game. It also started me doing illustrations when I would draw the latest mutant that players rolled up. Gamma World has always been one of my favorite games although the last time I played it was in the 90s. I've always been a fan of the post apocalyptic genre though so I've also played Twilight 2000, Darwin's World, GURPS homebrew, and the Fallout pen and paper RPG and I'm likely forgetting some too. I'm loving the resurgence of the older 'BX' style apocalypse with Mutant Future and recently Other Dust, but I haven't had a chance to run or play anything with those systems.

Malcadon, I recognize your illustrations in Mutant Future. Great stuff. I like your science fantasy movie and book inspirations too.
nezach
nezach
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Malcadon Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 am

nezach wrote:Malcadon, I recognize your illustrations in Mutant Future. Great stuff. I like your science fantasy movie and book inspirations too.
Thanks! Very Happy

I'm always looking for inspiration for the games, and sharing item with fellow fans.
Malcadon
Malcadon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by bigmiller19 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello all, I'm Jerramie.

I don't really do fantasy gaming, but love future/sci-fi/modern/apocalypse genres.

My group just started a new campaign based on the d20 Modern/Apocalypse settings.

bigmiller19
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Malcon Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Welcome! That glow you see in the dark isn't radiation. Really.
Draco Malcon
Draco Malcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodd4 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 am

no, no it's the fungus from room 33 wasn't it? yeah, yeah the fungus that glows and stricks to whatever touches it! (actualy that WAS an encounter from one of the GW modules!) welcome aboard!

Dodd4
City Dweller
City Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodd4 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 am

no, no it's the fungus from room 33 wasn't it? yeah, yeah the fungus that glows and stricks to whatever touches it! (actualy that WAS an encounter from one of the GW modules!) welcome aboard!

Dodd4
City Dweller
City Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by JobaTett Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:51 am

JobaTett
JobaTett
Overseer

https://theterrawasteland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself here! Empty Hello

Post by Kargan3033 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Hello everyone it is nice to meet my fellow GW/PA gammers

My first GW game was GW 3ed and I loved it, played for a few years back in the 80's and it's been many years since I have played.

I hope you all are safe and well today or night as the case maybe.

Kargan3033
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum